Exploring the Cerros de Mavecure allows you to experience one of the most unique, beautiful, and traditional areas of Colombia. The astonishing nature, surprising landscapes and kind people won´t fail to surprise you.
This all-in package of 4 days/3nights offers you the best of the easternmost part of Colombia. Your trip will start with a morning flight from Bogotá to Inírida where you will spend your first afternoon looking for the unique pink dolphins in a nearby lake.
Day two begins with a boat trip to a very important geographical spot in Colombia, La Estrella Fluvial del Sur. This is the place where three main rivers merge into one before continuing its way to nearby Venezuela. After taking a swim and spotting the occasional pink dolphin, you´ll set course to the main goal of this trip, Los Cerros de Mavecure. Right after arriving you will climb the first hill, El Cerro Pajarito. A challenging but absolutely rewarding walk as the views are unbelievably beautiful. You will spend the night in the church of the indigenous village of El Venado, at the bottom of the hills.
After a delicious typical breakfast made by the locals, you will cross the river to explore the other two hills of the Cerros de Mavecure. After a morning of climbing, walking, and taking pictures it will be time to relax and you will go by boat to a little beach to cool down and give your mildly challenged muscles a break. The water of the river has a unique color that ranges from dark brown to reddish-orange and even bright yellow. After this worthwhile swim you will be given a final look at the Cerros de Mavecure before heading back to Inírida.
The last and fourth day has different activities in store for you. You will learn more about the local flower, la flor de Inírida, view special indigenous symbols drawn on rocks in a local village, and have your last swim in the reddish waters of the rivers. An afternoon flight will take you back to Bogotá.
What´s Included in this Cerros de Mavecure tour?:
1. 4 days/3 nights.
2. 2 nights of accommodation in a basic hotel in Inírida.
3. 1 night of accommodation in El Venado.
4. 3 meals a day on the tour.
5. Drink water and snacks
6. Professional Spanish-speaking guide.
7. Small group size.
8. All activities.
9. Required entrance fees.
To keep in mind:
1. There are only 3 flights a week available to Inírida.
2. The night in El Venado will be – or on inflatable mattresses with a mosquito net – or in a hammock.
3. All activities are weather depended and might change order.
4. This price does not include your flight to Inírida (approximately up to EUR 200, way and return, per person).
5. Price per person based on 2 travellers. Price may change depending on the number of travellers.