Days 1-3 (Aug 10 – Aug 12): WHALE ENCOUNTERS IN BAHIA SOLANO!
This all-in package of 3 days/2 nights allows you to enjoy the best of this extraordinary region. It is the perfect place to spot whales as every year hundreds of humpback whales make an 8000 kilometer journey from the Antarctic looking for the warm waters of the Colombian Pacific coast. From June to early October, the waters around Bahia Solano become the spot where they give birth and teach their young to hunt, breath, and swim.
On your first day, a driver will pick you up in the morning to bring you to the airport of Medellin so you can take a flight to Bahia Solano. You will be picked up in Bahía Solano´s airport and transported to the town´s harbour, where you will be taken in a speed boat to the Hotel Playa del Oro Ecolodge (located in the Punta Huina Area). After check-in, you will be given some explanations about the area and its conservation projects. Afterwards, you will have lunch in the hotel´s restaurant and have the rest of the day for you to relax at the beach and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
On your second day you will go on an amazing whale watching tour. The boat driver will manoeuvre the boat next to the shore looking for these giant creatures. With some luck, you could witness a mother teaching her baby whale how to jump and hit the water with its tail. An unforgettable experience! After lunch, you will have the chance to discover the surrounding jungle. You will be guided on a fantastic walk through one of the most biodiverse places on earth. The walk finishes at one of the most beautiful beaches of the region: the Playa de los Deseos. Here you will have some time to relax before heading back to the hotel.
On the last day, after breakfast and your last moments at this gorgeous place, you will be taken by speedboat to the harbour of Bahía Solano. From here, you will be transported to the town´s airport to take your flight to Bogotá (with a stopover in Medellin).
- Included in tour: Transport to and from the airport in Bahia Solano, accommodation in standard double rooms (with fan -no air conditioning) for three nights at Playa del Oro Ecolodge, all meals (starting with lunch on first day and finishing with breakfast on last day), 1 whale-watching tour, 1 guided jungle walks, travel insurance
- Also included: Accommodation in Bogotá on the 12 August – Double Rooms in Hotel Habitel (close to the Airport)
To keep in mind:
1. The order of the activities is subject to change due to weather conditions.
2. Luggage restrictions: Checked-in luggage: maximum 10 Kg – Hand luggage: maximum 5 Kg
3. At arrival in Bahía Solano, you will have to pay a local tax of COP 8000 (around EUR 2.3) in cash.