Day 17 to 20: CERROS DE MAVECURE ADVENTURE
This all-in package of 4 days/3nights offers you the best of the easternmost part of Colombia. Your trip will start with a early morning flight from Bogotá to Inírida where you will spend your first afternoon looking for the unique pink dolphins in a nearby lake.
Day two begins with a boat trip to a very important geographical spot in Colombia, La Estrella Fluvial del Sur. This is the place where three main rivers merge into one before continuing its way to nearby Venezuela. After taking a swim and spotting the occasional pink dolphin, you´ll set course to the main goal of this trip, Los Cerros de Mavecure. Right after arriving you will climb the first hill, El Cerro Pajarito. A challenging but absolutely rewarding walk as the views are unbelievably beautiful. You will spend the night in the church of the indigenous village of El Venado, at the bottom of the hills.
The third day will start with a delicious and typical breakfast made by the locals. Then, you will cross the river to explore the other two hills of the Cerros de Mavecure. After a morning of climbing, walking, and taking pictures it will be time to relax and you will go by boat to a little beach to cool down and give your mildly challenged muscles a break. The water of the river has a unique color that ranges from dark brown to reddish-orange and even bright yellow. After this worthwhile swim you will be given a final look at the Cerros de Mavecure before heading back to Inírida.
The last and fourth day has different activities in store for you. You will learn more about the local flower, la flor de Inírida, view special indigenous symbols drawn on rocks in a local village, and have your last swim in the reddish waters of the rivers. An afternoon flight will take you back to Bogotá.
- Included in tour: 4 days/3 nights tour, 2 nights of accommodation in a basic hotel in Inírida, 1 night of accommodation in El Venado, 3 meals a day on the tour, drink water and snacks, professional Spanish-speaking guide, all activities, and entrance fees.
- Also included: Hotel when back in Bogotá – Hotel Casa Deco
To keep in mind:
1. There are only 4 flights a week available to Inírida.
2. The night in El Venado will be – or on inflatable mattresses with a mosquito net – or in a hammock.
3. All activities are weather depended and might change order.